What to know before registering for a class with Pittsburgh Taiko
Because taiko involves physical exertion and yelling, and our studio space is small, it’s important to have rules that keep our classes and practices safe during this pandemic.
- All students must present proof of vaccination before beginning their first class. Plan to be fully vaccinated before attending the first class.
“Fully vaccinated” can be any of these options:
- Two mRNA vaccines (Pfizer or Moderna) plus one booster
- One non-mRNA vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) plus one booster
- Two mRNA or one J&J vaccine with the final shot given less than five months from the class date
- All participants, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear properly fitted masks in the building and practice area (except for short periods when drinking or snacking).
- Please don’t come to class if
- You feel sick
- You know you’ve been exposed to COVID-19
- You have COVID-19
We can offer a remote attendance (Zoom) option for any classes you can’t attend, or a customized catch-up session later when you’re ready to return.
- Classes might be suspended if the organizers feel it’s unsafe. This decision will largely be based on the local transmission rate in Allegheny County. (https://covidactnow.org/us/pennsylvania-pa/county/allegheny_county/?s=32242039)
We will make our best effort to reschedule any canceled classes at a safer time.
- This policy might be modified if transmission rates fall to the “low risk” category.
All students agree to comply with these requirements by registering for a class.
If you have questions about these policies, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org