Come learn taiko with us! Our next 4-week beginner session starts April 24, 2022.
When: 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. on Sundays:
Sunday, April 24
Sunday, May 1
Sunday, May 8
Sunday, May 15
Where: 2 North Balph St., Bellevue (15202), second floor*
What to expect
Each lesson will include:
- Calisthenics and other exercises to get your body ready to play
- Lessons on how to stand and how to hit
- Drills to learn and improve your taiko skills
- Learning some simple taiko repertoire
Please wear comfortable clothing. Be prepared to remove your shoes to enter the studio – we practice barefoot or in clean/indoor-only shoes. Grippy yoga socks or slipper socks with grip are fine too.
A bottle of water is nice to have. You should wear earplugs in the studio; we have disposable reusable ones available.
We provide drums and drumsticks (bachi).
These classes are designed for adults; older kids (13+) are welcome with a parent or guardian.
When you register for class, you must agree to follow our COVID-19 safety guidelines. These include:
- Students must be fully vaccinated
- Everyone must wear a mask while in the building, including during class
- Don’t attend if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19
More details: COVID-19 Safety
The good news:
- Our studio has an air filter and we can open the studio windows if the weather allows
- We can offer a remote Zoom connection to class if you have to skip one
Ready to sign up?
Register at the Japan-America Society of Pennsylvania website: https://www.japansocietypa.org/event-4783436
* You must be able to climb stairs to access the studio