Registration for our winter 2023 session is open!
Classes will be from 10:00 to 11:30am on these Sunday mornings:
February 12, 2023
February 19, 2023
February 26, 2023
March 5, 2023
2 North Balph St., Bellevue (15202), second floor*
What happens at beginner sessions?
Each lesson will include:
- Calisthenics and other exercises to get your body ready to play
- Lessons on how to stand and how to hit
- Drills to learn and improve your taiko skills
- Learning some simple taiko repertoire
What should I wear/bring?
Please wear comfortable clothing. Be prepared to remove your shoes to enter the studio – we practice barefoot or in clean/indoor-only shoes. Grippy yoga socks or slipper socks with grip are fine too.
A bottle of water is nice to have. You should wear earplugs in the studio; we have disposable reusable ones available.
We provide drums and drumsticks (bachi).
What are your COVID safety protocols?
When you register for class, you must agree to follow our COVID-19 safety guidelines. These include:
- Everyone must wear a mask while in the building, including during class
- Don’t attend if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19
- If you contract COVID-19, do not return to class until your home tests are negative
More details: COVID-19 Safety
The good news:
- Our studio has an air filter and we can open the studio windows if the weather allows
- We can offer a remote Zoom connection to class or a recording of the session if you notify us that you'll be absent
Can children join?
These classes are designed for adults; older kids (13+) are welcome with a parent or guardian.
Is the studio wheelchair accessible?
Unfortunately, our practice building does not have an elevator. You must be able to climb stairs to access the studio.